Vehicle decontamination and cleaning involve a thorough, multi-step program to ensure the surfaces are free of biohazards and safe to use.
Pacific Decontamination Services provides onsite inspection, measurement of biohazards, and cost effective service options to salvage, clean & decontaminate.
- Pacific Decontamination Services will provide on-site inspection of the interior of the vehicle to determine how to remediate, instead of replacement.Vehicle biohazard situations can vary widely, from simple to complex. Some cleanups involve vehicle break-ins, where a careless perpetrator was injured during the crime. This may require the removal of sharps, illicit drugs, in addition to blood and biohazards. In cases involving suicides or accidents with injuries, damage to the interior can be more widespread.
Sometimes the cost of cleaning ends up being higher than the value of the vehicle. Pacific Decontamination Services will work with the client to determine cost-effective salvage options.
- In addition to the detailed vehicle inspection, a Pacific Decontamination technician will perform an ATP (adenosine triphosphate) test on affected surfaces to determine the contamination level. This procedure employs a hand-held device and swabs to test the presence of ATP enzymes that are present in all organic matter – living or once living – including blood, saliva, and bacteria. Test results of biohazard contamination levels are instant.
- Depending on the severity and location of the biohazards, Pacific Decontamination Services will make recommendations on remediation options. These options include:
- Onsite cleaning and HEPA vacuum of biohazardous material, safe removal and disposal of all biohazardous materials, and a complete chemical decontamination of the vehicle that will neutralize up to 99.99999% of all biohazards.
- Onsite cleaning, HEPA vacuum of biohazardous materials, safe removal and disposal of all biohazardous materials, complete chemical decontamination of the vehicle that will neutralize up to 99.99999% of all biohazards, and recommendations on the removal of severely contaminated items that are not salvageable.With this option, attempts to salvage severe biohazard items are attempted first through the decontamination process (i.e., porous cloth, leather-covered surfaces such as seat cushions, headliners, carpets, floor mats, etc.). If unsuccessful, Pacific Decontamination Services will have prepared the vehicle for the safe replacement of interior parts by certified professionals.
- Recommendations regarding any further Auto Detailing services that might be required after the decontamination services are complete.
- Optional, second ATP testing after cleaning and chemical decontamination is available when required.
- Certified Vehicle Remediation Report provided upon completion of the decontamination service.