Mildew and Musty Smell Removal

black mold in house
Musty Smell Removal
old house smell

If you smell a musty odor in your home, chances are you have a mold or mildew problem. What’s the difference? There is no difference! Mildew or mold may generally appear flat or raised and hairy when actively growing, it’s thin and often whitish to bluish-green or some other colors.

Mildew is a surface fungi that can easily be identified as a patch of gray or even white fungus that is lying on the surface of a moist area. It is distinguished from its closely related counterpart, mold, largely by its color: molds appear in shades of black, blue, red, and green, whereas mildew is white. It appears as a thin, superficial growth consisting of minute hyphae (fungal filaments) produced especially on living plants or organic matter such as wood, paper or leather.

Mildew can be harmful to your health. These spores are completely invisible to the human eye. For this reason, mold and mildew can be hard to spot, and therefore even harder to get rid of. Mold and mildew are known to cause respiratory problems, common allergic reaction symptoms, nervous-system disorders and depression.

Mold or mildew thrives on many organic materials including fabric, paper,ceilings, shower stalls, wood… in fact just it can grow just about anywhere there’s a food source and a moisture problem. Areas where molds or mildew flourish are damp, warm, poorly lighted and poorly circulated. In unaired places like basements, showers or closets, mildew can produce a strong musty odor, and can cause considerable damage.

Many homeowners and business owners underestimate mildew and mold. While mildew is generally thought of as unsightly, what many fail to realize is that it is highly unsanitary and in some cases, can even pose health risks. If you’ve noticed the presence of mildew or mold in your home or business, we strongly recommend that your contact us. Let us neutralize your mildew, mold, and musty odor problem and create a safer environment.

We neutralize mildew, mold, and associated musty smells, by applying our eco-friendly, safe chemical into your vehicle, RV, boat, home, attic, crawlspace, or basement. Depending on the job, we apply our formula by spray, mist, foam, or fog. We do not use a tent. The average time of our on-site service is approximately one hour. An additional four hours is required to achieve maximum effectiveness. We ask that you stay out of the premise for approximately 5 hours in total.

Pacific Decontamination Services uses the world’s strongest, most effective and safe antimicrobial disinfectant, deodorization and chemical decontaminate. Our professional application will eliminate up to 99.99999% of any mildew, mold, allergen, germ, bacteria or fungus that it touches. And as powerful as it is, it is also Health Canada approved and completely safe.